12.30.2009

"Brodarte"

$2,670 for a slice of heaven

What! Can it be! Rodarte has finally come out with a men's collection, available only at Opening Ceremony! Oftentimes when labels begin designing for men they lose a lot of what makes their women's collection so outstanding (see: Alexander Wang...Elizabeth and James...) but Rodarte has successfully been able to maintain the essence of their brand while also making the clothing masculine enough for a menswear audience. These threads (no pun intended) don't come cheap though, with each sweater costing $2,670. Maybe you'll get free shipping? The price doesn't shock me, however, and I don't think it's an unreasonable amount considering that the garments are all hand knit here in the U.S.A and use some really exceptional and high quality fabrics like superkid mohair and alpaca. Sadly, I can't afford any of this on a college student budget (and I'm saving my extra kidney for a Rick Owens jacket) but I'll be keeping my eye on you, grey crewneck!

2 comments:

Danny Wong for Blank Label said...

yikes! fashion isn't about buying expensive clothes (luckily). fashion's about creating a style that looks good on you.

Striped Shirts said...

I love the collection but its way to expensive!