9.27.2010

Oak NYC Square Collar Denim Jacket


image via oaknyc.com

Check out this sick jacket that I pre-ordered from OAK NYC from their Black Label Collection. It's sort of a combination of several different trends I've been lusting after for some time now. First, it reminded me of this Alexander Wang leather sleeved denim jacket from a couple seasons ago. I really loved the idea of combining two different materials on such a simple outerwear piece; it turned a basic denim jacket into a cool and chic must-have wardrobe staple. But after celebs by the likes of M.I.A, Lindsay Lohan, and Rihanna were spotted wearing the Wang jacket, not only did I feel it was too trendy and of-the-moment but it also became too feminine for me to pull off confidently. Then, last winter Obey came out with a similar version for men but I passed on it because It looked a bit, how do you say...cheap?

Another trend that I became instantly obsessed with as soon as it hit the runway was shearling (and after Burberry's breathtaking Fall 2010 collection, who wasn't?) But, I wasn't able to afford the $3,000+ price tag for a Prorsum piece and I was still nervous about incorporating such a strong womenswear trend into my wardrobe. Then along came Oak's F/W 2010 collection! I almost died when I saw this shearling collared denim jacket because it was literally everything I'd been dreaming of. The draped collar is perfection and the contrasting black jersey sleeve is just bold enough. Needless to say I ordered it immediately. Although the estimated ship date wasn't till mid-October, I got the jacket in the mail a few weeks ago. Now I just need the weather to cooperate so I can rock it.

No comments: