4.12.2009

vcuStreet Style: Meet Alison

Name: Alison
Where: Corner of Harrison & Main St.
Occupation: VCU student, junior
What are you wearing: "My shoes are Betsey Johnson, my skirt is 5th Avenue Shoe Repair (from Barney's), my top is from Arden B., and my bag and watch are both Burberry....but my hair's from Egypt."
How did you choose your outfit today: "Well, I just bought this skirt and since it's so over the top and excessive I thought the rest of my outfit should be, too!"
Your style icons/inspiration: "None, really. I guess I try not to be too mainstream so I take what I like and mash it all together. I never aspire to dress like someone else."






Also, be sure to check out Alison (and more!) in our new vcuStreet Style slideshow!

5 comments:

I speak the truth said...

Are you kidding me?
She looks like a VCU hipster giant.
There's nothing stylish about her. I hate everything about her outfit. Bubble skirts? C'mon now, that is soooo middle school. It looks like she got dressed in the dark. The only thing I like about her is her hair. My goodness, these pictures make me uncomfortable. Sorry Alison, better luck next time.

Where: Corner of Harrison & Main St.

(Haha, you make her sound like a hooker)

Alison said...

Hipsters don't shop at barneys, nordstroms & Burberry boutiques you idiot, you clearly know nothing about fashion since that's not a bubble skirt. And who are you and what do you wear? You're anonymous so you apparently aren't significant

Anonymous said...

Oh shut the fuck up alison. Just because you shop at these oh-so-important boutiques does not make you any better than anyone else. And you are indeed a hipster. You're one of those people who try to "stand out" and be "different", but really, you look the same as half of VCU's population. And what the fuck does being anonymous have to do with being significant? You are truly a pathetic soul and I bet you check this blog everyday to see if someone would comment this. Am I right? You're lucky the first person and myself said something.

I have no respect for you for the way you handled the first guy's comment.

Alison said...

That's cool, I have more self respect in my fingertips than in your whole body so i dont really care who you are or what you have to say. Whether you've ever seen me outside this picture or not I'm POSITIVE I have more style than you, you are the pethetic one. Thank you for prooving that to me LOL I never said I was better I just dress better so thanks for the criticism you've done absolutely nothing to hurt my ego lol

Lydia said...

Alison, I think your outfit is adorable and classic. "VCU hipsters" wear skinny jeans and American Apparel v-necks and bandanas. I don't understand why people would log on to a style blog to hate on someone else's style. It doesn't matter whether your sweet outfit came from Barneys or Target: you hit the nail on the head.