12.22.2008

Chanel closes it's doors...


...Chanel Mobile Art, that is. Due to this horrible, wretched economy, Chanel has disassembled it's mobile pavilion. Permanently. "In the current context we have to arbitrate," says a Chanel spokesperson, "we prefer to refocus on our strategic investments in terms of development." Having only completed the New York leg of its six city tour, the exhibit will not be moving on to London, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, or Moscow. Although I missed my opportunity to see the free exhibit in NYC, I still held on to the remote possibility that through some act of fate I would just happen to be in one of the aforementioned cities while the exhibit was going on (wishful thinking, I know). So depressing. I'm going to watch the Hills...I need a pick-me-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are they selling it? i WANT the oversize Chanel bag to be my [future] home!