1.09.2009

eLuxury calls it quits


While it usually appears that brick-and-mortar retailers "just come and go like come and go like seasons (f-e-r-g-a-l-i-c-i-o-u-s)", online sites seem to take a little bit longer to tank, probably since their margins are so much smaller. Well, news has come today that six months from now the LVMH-run online retailer eLuxury.com will be no more. Not only is this shocking because it means I will have one less place to drool over Dior Homme hi-top sneakers, it's also extremely out of character for LVMH. The luxury goods conglomerate has, until now, been the kryptonite (why did my spell check approve that word? it's not even real! but yet I get corrections for things like Vuitton, Balenciaga, and Chanel. poposturous) to this SuperRecession. Although I decided to purchase a Damier print Louis Vuitton Keepall 50 duffle bag over the holidays (economy, who?), is it possible that other people stopped? I don't know. What I do know is that eLuxury has just been put on life support....I'll let you know when they finally pull the plug (becuase you know what that means: DESIGNER SALES)!

No comments: