1.11.2009

The Results are In!

After spending an hour flipping between NBC, E!, and TV Guide Red Carpet coverage of the Golden Globe Awards I've tallied up the points and ranked the winners and losers. While there weren't any super amazing pieces that took my breath away, I wasn't disappointed. Feel free to weigh in!
BEST DRESSED:
Eva Mendes was absolute perfection in this Dior Haute Couture gown by Galliano.

....need I say more?

This Reem Acra gown couldn't possibly fit Eva Longoria any better. She looked great.

Olivia Wilde gets it right with a lavander Reem Acra gown.

Elizabeth Banks was my favorite look of all wearing J. Mendel.


WORST DRESSED:

Glen Close looking like the Emperor's handmaiden in this get-up.

Susan Sarandon in a Prada pantsuit voted among the worst dressed for obvious reasons.

America Ferrera in an extremely poorly fitted dress by...who cares.

Debra Messing's dress is so-so, but that frizzy ponytail just ruined the whole look.


HONORABLE MENTION:
Christina Applegate's hair and makeup were flawless (unlike her dress, unfortunately).

Aaron Eckhart looked very debonair and extremely well coiffed. I approve.

I actually thought Lopez looked great but her dress reminded me too much of that horrendous green Versace dress (if one can even call it that) which she wore to the Grammy Awards back in 2001.

I adored the leopard-print Lanvin gown worn by Maggie Gyllenhall, but I just don't think it was appropriate for this red carpet.

No comments: