1.06.2009

The Louis Vuitton "Sprouse Tribute" Collection is Here



Among the various collaborations done by Louis Vuitton with innovative artists since Marc Jacobs has been at the helm of their creative team, one of the most memorable (and widely counterfeited, no doubt) is the graffiti collection done by New York artist Stephen Sprouse that launched back in 2001. The bags were an instant hit, selling out immediately. Now, 5 years after his death back in 2004, Vuitton is revisiting the popular grafitti print with their Steven Sprouse Tribute Collection. Hitting the Louis Vuitton Greene Street location in New York City this Thursday, and launching at stores worldwide on February 2, the collection will re-release favorites such as the graffiti scarves, handbags, and luggage in addition to introducing new items to the collection such as the new Roses print for bags and limited edition t-shirts, Day-Glo orange, pink, and green (glow in the dark?!? how awesome is that going to be!), and even a limited edition skateboard deck with a $8, 250 pricetag. Check out the online gallery here to be blown away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hypothesis: This probably was designed by a New York Artist.

...so obvious.

Anonymous said...

I'm so over these bags. There's just something about them that looks cheap and not very fresh.
But I must admit, the scarves and glow in the dark leggings are to die for!

Anonymous said...

Everyone has a Louie nowadays. Time to upgrade!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! So now I know what you mean by the Steven Sprouse bag you told that custoemr about today! I like this, I think it is very graffiti like and innovative for Louis. It does resemble mark jacobs work in a way but I like it!
P.S. I told you I'd visit your site and I really like your work! I think the internship will be perfect for you! ;)