1.21.2009

McQ just misses the Target

Following in the footsteps of smart, money savvy designers before him, Alexander McQueen announced not too long ago that he would be designing a diffusion collection for Target's GO International label. Well, Nylon.com has posted newly released photos from the collection and I have to say that it's not what I expected. Jersey knits, Alex, really? I wasn't expecting the Lauren Conrad Collection 2.0! Where's the leather? Where are the Victorian shoulders, sleeves, and collars? There are some interesting graphic tee shirts, though, that I think will sell fast and those shoes aren't too bad either. Take a look for yourself and tell me what you think:





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha Lauren Conrad 2.0, you're a bitch :). But I do like the first and last outfits, but I'm actually disappointed in this collection.

Anonymous said...

it's pretty hard to make fabulous clothing at such a low budget. i mean really, sweet cuts and fabrics can't be incorporated into a line sold at target, the price points would be too high and the plain janes of the world wouldn't know what to do with themselves

Anonymous said...

I feel like I've seen similar outfits worn by the scenesters at VCU. Nothing I would where.

Anonymous said...

**I feel like I've seen similar outfits worn by the scenesters at VCU. Nothing I would wear.