1.21.2009

Stop the Insanity!

While clicking through photos from the most recent menswear shows in Milan I landed on a most disturbing shot from the Etro show: an old man. Now, this is nothing new. Vivienne Westwood, Rei Kawakubo, Yohji Yomamoto, and Ann Demeulemeester have all made some crazy, radical statements on the Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 runways by sending out models that were like ...ancient. I thought it was just some avant-garde designer phase. That the fashion world would put this bizarre fascination behind them and move on. That come next season my eyes would once again feast upon hot, young, "it" models like Karlie Kloss and Sasha Pivavarova. I thought wrong. This is the second season in a row that designers have pulled this nonsense. Three strikes and you're out guys...don't let it happen again.

Arthritis at Etro

Osteoporosis at Ann Demeulemeester

Balding at Vivienne Westwood

Heart Disease at Yohji Yomamoto


Alzheimer's at Comme des Garcons

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Model of the 21st century?

Anonymous said...

**Models of the 21st century?

Anonymous said...

I would NEVER let my rents nor my grand-parents wear this kind of obscene outfits ( especially the men's outfits).

Anonymous said...

Please button up your shirt Balding at Vivienne Westwood!